A delicious cooling summertime treat called Watermelon Snowman.
1. Using one round seedless watermelon and two personal sized watermelons (one larger and one smaller), cut a ¼ i nch slice off the bottom of each melon to provide a stable base. Use the smallest melon for the head, the next largest for the torso and the largest for the lower body.
2. Cut the tops off of the large and medium watermelons, as shown, to create bowls. Scoop out flesh.
3. Taking the smallest watermelon that has not yet been cut, scoop out eyes using a melon baller. Invert melon balls and reinsert.
4. Using a mini melon baller or a paring knife, scoop out holes for the nose and mouth. Carve a piece of watermelon into a triangle for the nose, and fill mouth holes with blueberries.
5. Connect all three watermelons on a platter, using large wooden skewers.
6. Insert y-shaped sticks into middle watermelon for arms.
7. Fill bottom sections with fruit salad of melon balls and blueberries. Decorate with scarf and hat.
Special thanks to haiku genius, David A. Giacalone at f/k/a and Chef Harry for the wonderful recipe.