The Sapporo Snow Festival is one of Japan's largest winter events. Every winter, about two million people come to Sapporo to see a large number of splendid snow statues and ice sculptures which line Odori Park, the grounds at Community Dome Tsudome, and the main street in Susukino.
History of the Snowman enthusiast and illustrator, Chad Crowe, sent us these snowman images from the festival. (all photos courtesy of Chad Crowe)
Outside at the Sapporo Brewery....
...out on a ledge....
The Snowman, always selling...
You can see more festival snow sculptures here at the site.
And you can find out even more about the festival here...
Also - please take a look at Chad's website - where there are even more snowmen!
Today's Snowman has a History of the Snowman Pinterest Board - come take a look at what were are pinning.
Previous Today's Snowman Stories
- ► 2014 (15)
- We are obsessed with Giant Snowmen...
- That's one Dinosaur of a Snowman!
- British Invasion of Snowmen - Part 3
- British Invasion of Snowmen - Part 2
- Greetings from the Sapporo Snow Festival - Part 2
- Greetings from the 64th Annual Sapporo Snow Festiv...
- Nemo brings out the Snowmen!
- British Invasion of Snowmen - Part 1
- More Giant Snowmen...
- Giant Snowman: Alaska to Germany
- ▼ February (10)
- ► 2012 (25)
- ► 2011 (38)
- ► 2010 (32)
- ► 2008 (84)