Monday, November 26, 2007
Hamish & Henry & Bob
(Tabletop display courtesy Hamish & Henry.)
Saturday afternoon I visited the very cool Hamish & Henry bookstore in Livingston Manor, NY for a book thing. Owners Sue & Jeff are gracious hosts, supplying much needed spiked eggnog after suffering technical difficulties. The first 20 minutes spent there I was dealing with a granny's knot of cables & wires and frantically tried to get the projector to make a proper handshake with the Keynote show on my laptop. At one point I tried to joke that this was fulfilling a lifelong dream of mine – to be a movie grip. No, no one there found that funny either.
But once the show get started (only 10 minutes late), it was off and flying – if I do say so myself, a wonderful collection of rare snowman stills and Frosty film clips.
If you're ever in Sullivan County a must stop right on Main Street, Livingston Manor. For events check their blog.
Previous Today's Snowman Stories
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (25)
- ► 2011 (38)
- ► 2010 (32)
- ► 2008 (84)
- Show Me the Snow!
- World's Most Important Snowman Contest 2008 Is On!
- The Inconvenient Truth
- Hamish & Henry & Bob
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Snowman Goes to Plate for Lou Gehrig
- This Week's Snowman Cartoon
- Frosty Projection for Our Planet
- Retraction! Celebuwreck Lull Pronouncement Premature
- Celebuwreck Lull – Snowmen Pick Up Slack
- Snowmen in the News
- What's So Funny About Peace, Love and Global Warming?
- ▼ November (12)