MONTREAL – Every year for the past seven years, a Canadian skating rink sets aside snow to create Snowman Joe to kick-off a fundraiser for the ALS Society, which researches amyotropic lateral sclerosis, more commonly known as Lou Gehrig's disease. The items will be for sale at the Dollard des Ormeaux Civic Centre at Plaza Pointe Claire, 269 St. Jean Blvd. starting today to 23rd. For more information about Snowman Joe fundraising, call 514-696-5455. The ALS Society can be reached at 514-725-2653.
To raise money Louise Boucher (left) holds Tiffany Couvrette, 11, as she adorns Snowman Joe with a pipe during last year's annual fundraiser. Photo by Gordon Beck of The GAZETTE
Previous Today's Snowman Stories
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (25)
- ► 2011 (38)
- ► 2010 (32)
- ► 2008 (84)
- Show Me the Snow!
- World's Most Important Snowman Contest 2008 Is On!
- The Inconvenient Truth
- Hamish & Henry & Bob
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Snowman Goes to Plate for Lou Gehrig
- This Week's Snowman Cartoon
- Frosty Projection for Our Planet
- Retraction! Celebuwreck Lull Pronouncement Premature
- Celebuwreck Lull – Snowmen Pick Up Slack
- Snowmen in the News
- What's So Funny About Peace, Love and Global Warming?
- ▼ November (12)