NEW YORK CITY – Finally we New Yorkers do not have to wait any longer to make snowmen. We will have snow this Saturday at noon at the Central Park Winter Jam located at Naumburg Bandshell in Central Park. Snow guns and air compressors (lent by Gore Mountain) hooked up to city hydrants will create a snow storm with results which could cover up to one and a half acres with snow three feet deep. (If the temperature climbs above 45 degrees, some activities might be canceled.) Here's a second website for info.
Snowprint II, 2001 photo prints of artist's foot and foot made of snow
Esbjerg Museum of Art, Denmark.
There's been an email circulating the internet with misinformation regarding beautiful cut-out paper artwork attributed to a wrong source. Those amazing sculptures actually belong to one artist, Peter Callesen, who has also worked in snow and ice which can be enjoyed here.
Snowballs, 2005 Acid free paper and glue
Previous Today's Snowman Stories
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (25)
- ► 2011 (38)
- ► 2010 (32)
- The Finger Pointing Continues
- There's No Business Like Snow Business
- A Snow Scupture So Ahead of it's Time...
- Univ. of Colorado vs, Rotterdam, NY Update
- My God, This is Beautiful (Yet Fiendish, Too)!
- Crime Scene Snowman - Dying a Slow Death
- Greetings From Rotterdam, USA
- Former US Prez Takes Swipe at Global Warming Snowm...
- Cardboard Snowman Declares He's Still in the Conte...
- Snowman Contest Parity
- University of Colorado Vs. Rotterdam
- New Personal Ads
- Snowman Contest – Taking It Up a Notch
- Snowman Contest Heating Up With Fine Art
- Snowman Contest – 2 More Entries
- University of Colorado Enter Race
- "Snow–Challenged" New Yorkers Rejoice
- And the Winner is...
- Snowman Contest – Round 2
- ▼ February (19)