NEW YORK CITY – Round two is finally here and we're all anxious to see some new snowmen already. Feel free to send me your entries and in the meantime each day starting today Today's Snowman will introduce a new snowman. Voting will begin after all entries are posted. Meanwhile, it doesn't take a psychic to predict that the renowned medium Char will win round one. But there are a couple of more days of voting and then we'll officially announce the winner.
#1 Cardboard Snowman
First up is an excellent entry from fellow snowman scholar, Sandy Kinnee. Sandy is not only an artist in various mediums but has also been working on a snowman book himself called, Lost Origins of the Snowman, Bloodless Sacrifice. Excerpts I have seen delve into the snowman's psyche beyond my book and include a more serious examination of the artistic and spiritual connection which exists in snowman-making. More news about this upcoming book in the future. Photo and snowman by Sandy Kinnee, copyright © 2008.
(My recent interview with Bonnie Grice on WLIU radio can be heard here by clicking on my name, Bob Eckstein.)
Previous Today's Snowman Stories
- ► 2014 (15)
- ► 2013 (34)
- ► 2012 (25)
- ► 2011 (38)
- ► 2010 (32)
- The Finger Pointing Continues
- There's No Business Like Snow Business
- A Snow Scupture So Ahead of it's Time...
- Univ. of Colorado vs, Rotterdam, NY Update
- My God, This is Beautiful (Yet Fiendish, Too)!
- Crime Scene Snowman - Dying a Slow Death
- Greetings From Rotterdam, USA
- Former US Prez Takes Swipe at Global Warming Snowm...
- Cardboard Snowman Declares He's Still in the Conte...
- Snowman Contest Parity
- University of Colorado Vs. Rotterdam
- New Personal Ads
- Snowman Contest – Taking It Up a Notch
- Snowman Contest Heating Up With Fine Art
- Snowman Contest – 2 More Entries
- University of Colorado Enter Race
- "Snow–Challenged" New Yorkers Rejoice
- And the Winner is...
- Snowman Contest – Round 2
- ▼ February (19)